Sax Menstrual Sponges
Sax sponges are the perfect companion for your personal needs. These individually wrapped dry sponges are multi-purpose and can be hygienically used mainly by women for anything from make-up removal to other personal needs. Each Sax Menstrual Sponges is individually wrapped measuring 4.5cm x 3.5cm. These high quality sponges from Sax ensure perfect absorption.
Sax period sponges are made of polyester and rayon and have been dermatologically tested. Get a pack today for handy convenience.
What is a sponge?
- A sponge is used to stop the blood coming out of your body when you are working.
- There are different brands and types of sponges. For example, Beppy, Sax, Hygenica, etc.
- They come in different shapes and sizes.
- They are normally individually wrapped and sterile for single use only. Some come already lubricated for easy and comfortable use. A sponge can be used for up to 8 hours depending on how heavy your period is.
- Sponges don’t always work for everyone And it can depend on how heavy your period is.
How to use a sponge
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Take the sponge out of its packaging.
- Wet the sponge with either water or lube (if it’s not lubed).
- Squeeze excess liquid out of the sponge.
- Put the sponge inside as if you are putting in a tampon. Squeeze the sponge to make it as small and narrow like a tampon size. You can squat down or lift up one leg while standing up.
- Push it up inside your vagina to the same area you normally put your tampon. Try to make it sit across your cervix wall.
- Once you have put the sponge in, wash your hands with soap and water again.
How to take a sponge out:
- When taking a sponge out, it is best to be calm, relaxed and comfortable.
- With one finger:
- Get into a comfortable position. You can squat down or stand up and lift up one leg.
- Gently and slowly slip your finger into your vagina. Be careful not to scratch the insides.
- Hook your middle finger around the side of the sponge to scoop it out.
- With two fingers:
- Repeat step 1 and 2 and use your middle finger and thumb fingers like they are a pair of tweezers.
- Note: Do this in a tiled area (e.g. bathroom, toilet, bathtub), because some blood will come out when you pull the sponge out. Otherwise, put a towel underneath to catch the leaking blood.
- Sax Sponges Individually wrapped
- Length - 4.5cm x Depth 3.5cm (D)
This information is provided for your information only and may not be construed as legal, medical or health advice or instruction.