Silicone is one of the most common materials that modern sex toys are made out of. It’s a great substance that can come in a variety of different textures and levels of hardness, from soft and flexible to hard yet velvety-smooth. Silicone also warms up to body temperature nice and quickly so it’s super comfortable to use, no matter what the outside temperature is like. Silicone vibrators can be battery operated, rechargeable or mains operated and come in a myriad of shapes and sizes and degrees of power which means no matter what you’re looking for and what your body needs, there’ll be a silicone toy to suit. One of the best things about silicone is the fact that it is almost completely body safe and hypo-allergenic, so if you have any sensitivities to products like latex or other rubbers, silicone should be a safer and far gentler option for your intimate bits. Silicone is also a very durable substance so, providing you take good care of it, your toy should last you a very long time.
Tips for Looking After Silicone Toys
- Always clean with an antibacterial toy cleaner. These cleaners have been designed especially for sex toys so they are gentle on not only your body, but on the toy itself. No harsh chemicals or soaps are used and many of them contain specific conditioners that help keep the surface of your toy new and supple for longer. Clean before and after each use for hygiene and safety purposes.
- Always use a water-based lubricant. This will ensure maximum protection for your toy. Silicone lubricants can have a damaging effect to silicone toys when they come into contact and so to avoid ruining your toy, always choose a water-based lubricant to use with it.
- Always store away from other silicone toys. In the same way as a silicone lubricant may damage your toys, so too can having two or more toys in close proximity, especially touching. The two silicones often try and blend together, creating a sticky, damaged mess. Many toys come with speciality silk bags to store them in.
- If using a battery operated toy, always remember to use low alkaline batteries so as not to damage the motor, and always remove the batteries when not in use. They will last far longer this way and you will also avoid the possibility of damaging the inside of your toy if a battery happens to leak.
- Contact us for help and advice on what is the best product for you and to accompany your toy.